Kickin' Collard Greens:
Kickin' Collard Greens is very tasty and spicy. If you love greens you will like this meal. The onions and bacon give them an amazing flavor. Put in some red pepper for a slightly more spice. Make this recipe of the New Year is our tradition. Some people believe that greens bring money in the New Year for you and beans bring luck to you. It is very easy and quick dish. Make this recipe at home is very simple. I want to share my recipe with you for your help. You just follow the instructions and ingredients of this recipe. Read all the method carefully and do exactly to make perfect. Ingredients and instructions are given below for your help. Precooking time is 10 minutes. Cooking time is only 1 hour. You can make this recipe within 1 hour and 10 minutes. You can serve this Kickin’ collard greens for 6 people.
Kickin' Collard Greens – Ingredients:
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- Slices bacon - 3
- Large onion, chopped - 1
- Cloves garlic, minced - 2
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Chicken broth - 3 cups
- Red pepper flakes - 1 pinch
- Fresh collard greens - 1 pound and cut into 2-inch pieces
Kickin' Collard Greens – Instructions:
- Heat up the oil in a big pot over normal-high heat. Put in some bacon and cook until crusty.
- Take out bacon from pan, fall to pieces and put again in the pan. Put in some onion, and cook around 5 minutes until found. Add some garlic, and cook until now sweet-smelling. Mix collard greens, and cook until they start to fade.
- Add chicken broth, red pepper flakes and season with salt, pepper. Decrease heat to low, cover and cook around 45 minutes, until greens are found.